We had questions flying in as soon as we announced the news about the Renaissance Institute. So we decided to do a FAQ to give you some fast facts:
Q: What is the time commitment?
A: The Institute will operate for 3 NIGHTS for 3 HOURS over a 3 MONTH period of training; with a Fall and/or Spring semester. Since each semester consists of 3 classes total, 100% attendance is mandatory.
Q: What are the dates and times of the Spring Semester?
A: The following Sundays from 5PM-8PM:
- Sunday, September 17th
- Sunday, October 15th
- Sunday, November 19th
Q: Are there additional requirements?
A: Yes, there are 3:
- Participation in a missional community
- Member or member-in-process at Renaissance Church
- Letter of recommendation from your MC Leader or Elder
Q: What will be the format?
A: The evening will be laid out as follows:
- 05:00 – 05:15 Gather & Get Settled
- 05:15 – 05:45 General Teaching/Lecture
- 05:45 – 06:00 Q & A
- 06:00 – 07:00 Discussion/Case Study
- 07:00 – 07:30 All Practice is Theological; All Theology is Practical
- 07:30 – 07:45 Prayer for personal mission and growth
- 07:45 – 08:00 Debrief & Dismiss
Q: What will the course work consist of?
A: Here is a syllabus for each track:
Q: Is there a cost and what does it cover?
A: The cost is $25 per semester. It covers resources (books and handouts) as well as refreshments (coffee, water, light snacks)
Q: Are scholarships available?
A: Yes, upon request in the registration form.
We hope this helps and serves you in registering for the Fall Semester. As more questions come in, we will continue to update the FAQ.